Remembering Kyle Comfort

Kyle Comfort Memorial Website

Thanks to Chris Autwell for coding the guestbook.
Guestbook
7:59 PM, May 15, 2010
We love and miss you always brother. You were an amazing Godfather, and friend to us and you will never be forgotten and we will return the favor to Brooke and Kinleigh. Rest in peace and we will see you soon in Heaven!
8:09 PM, May 15, 2010
I am honored to have known you. Prayers for your sweet wife and your beautiful daughter. I hope she always knows how amazing her daddy was.
8:10 PM, May 15, 2010
It's not going to be the same without you. I suppose the good news is that now I've got a man on the inside up there. Put in a good word for me and hopefully I'll be able to see you again one day.
8:17 PM, May 15, 2010
Thanks for being a good friend and a great brother to David when he needed one. You will be missed by me and everyone who knew you.
8:23 AM, May 16, 2010
I have never met you Brooke, nor have I ever met Kyle. I made eye contact with you on Saturday as I stood in front of Hardees in Oxford holding an American flag. I was honored to pay my respects to you and to Kyle as he was escorted home. My hear ached for you as I saw you come by, you see, my only son starts his service on June 2nd. My prayers go to you and your family.
10:43 AM, May 16, 2010
Thank you for giving the greatest sacrifice so that we may have freedom. My thoughts are with you and your family.
12:50 PM, May 16, 2010
It was an Honor and Privilege to serve with Captain Comfort. I'll never forget the positive attitude and genuine honesty he brought with him wherever he went.
4:12 PM, May 16, 2010
Thank you for your service and sacrifice. Your family and friends will be in my prayers.
6:02 PM, May 17, 2010
It was an honor for me to be standing on the street in J'ville today! Family, thank you for your sacrifice. You all are in my prayers...
God Bless you!!!
6:27 PM, May 17, 2010
Thank you for your service and ultimate sacrifice. Your family and friends will be in my prayers. God Bless
8:30 PM, May 17, 2010
You where a great friend. I am thankful to have known you. I will pray for your wife and daughter. I will make the most of your sacrifice by living a life that makes sense in eternity....Thank you.
12:03 AM, May 18, 2010
My heart is heavy at I write this and I shed a tear for those left behind. Brooke,you are a hero also,as it takes a hero to marry a soldier.You also sacrifice as a soldier.You husband and your love together,thru interviews,papers, ect. has made a tremendous impact on me.Please know that your husband is a happy man right now knowing what an impact his story made.I will keep you and your family,and daughter in my continued prayers.Not just today or tomorrow,but everyday.If you need anything at all, just know that the Dispatchers at the Alabama State Troopers Office in Jacksonville,AL are here.With much love and apperciation for you and your husbands sacrifice, Ashley Taylor
1:27 PM, May 18, 2010
CPT Comfort is now God's truly Airborne Ranger. I admire his sacrifice and legacy.
9:26 PM, May 18, 2010
I would like to think god has a special place for army rangers, Kyle this has been the hardest thing by far that I've ever had to deal with, the only thing I can do is what I think you would have done had the roles been reversed. I went back to work today and its been hard, having easy access to the internet to sit here and look at your pictures, articles, tributes, etc.. Constantly trying to find excuses or reasons as to why I shouldn't be sad, they might work temporarily but as the hours go by during my day it gets harder and harder towards the end.

You truly believe that Rangers lead the way, and I if I could suspend my disbelieve about religion I know you'll be there waiting for us when we get there. For anyone who doesn't believe we have business being where you were all they need to do is see the picture of you with the kids in iraq to know that even they appreciate you for what you did.

I guess I'm just hoping things go back to normal or things get better, you will always be missed. We got hero bracelets I believe it was saturday, I haven't taken mine off since despite the itching and skin irriation this thing is causing I think I have a blister and a bruise.

Kaitlyn really misses you too, she kept trying to steal pictures from Brooke and I think Brooke finally got tired of asking and let her have one, despite everyone telling her we would make sure she gets a few.

Lots of people turned out to show their support for what you've done I think you would have enjoyed it.

Anyway I need to get back to work but just wanted to let you know what was going on here lately.

I love you
6:12 AM, May 20, 2010
I don't know you but wanted to express my sympathy and support. All us military families are in this together, God bless you and your daughter, where Kyle will ive on in your hearts forever.
11:30 AM, May 20, 2010
Kyle

You gave your life for every single American and for that I thank you. Your beautiful Brooke has represented you proudly with such AMAZING GRACE through-out this whole ordeal. Brooke said you wanted to make a difference in a soliders life. Well Kyle, you not only made a difference in thousands of soliders lives now but you have also made to what I believe is the biggest difference and impact in the community in which you lived in and dearly loved. You have changed all of us for the better. You made that difference for the good. By the Grace of God I thank you and will always remember the courage it took for you to sacrifice your life for us. If your goal in life was to make a difference Kyle, then consider it not only done but well done our beloved solider. We admire and love you not only today but for always.
3:50 PM, May 20, 2010
I have never met you but my heart and prayer's go out to you and your family..It was an honor to stand round the fence in honor capt kyle.. R.I.P. GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
8:43 PM, May 20, 2010
I didn't know Kyle very well, but I was a Delta Zeta at JSU and knew a lot of the guys in his fraternity, so I would often see him at the Pi kappa Phi house. I remember him always being friendly, funny, and wearing a smile on his face. He was definitely the life of the party. Being a DZ was also how I met Brooke as she was in the same sorority. I unfortunately never got to see Brooke and Kyle together, but it is easy to see the love they had for eachother. Kyle...I thank you for your service and for giving your life so selflessly for our country that you loved so much. May you always be remembered...I know that I am personally forever grateful. And to Brooke and Kinleigh...ya'll are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya'll and God bless!
11:23 AM, May 21, 2010
My most heart-felt condolences to Kyle's family and friends. I can tell that he was a good man. Rest In Peace.
2:01 PM, May 21, 2010
I met Kyle, or "Trick" as I knew him, at Talladega GP race track during a track day event we were riding in together. I also knew him from the motorcycle forum in the Alabama section of sportbikes.ws. He was a great guy and very personable and very friendly. He will be missed by everyone at the race track and on the forum. He is a HERO and GREAT AMERICAN!!!!
10:25 PM, May 21, 2010
I am thankful that I had the opportunity to meet you and know you for the short time that I did. You never failed to make people laugh! Mike always talked about you and had nothing but respect and love for you! We'll miss you greatly but will never ever forget you! Thank you for being an inspiration to so many people. I'll keep your dear family in my prayers everyday! R.I.P Kyle... You're a true American Hero!
1:52 PM, May 22, 2010
Comfort,
You always made us smile and laugh in the pooring rain. Even when we were getting ready for our first jump, you were making us laugh until we had tears. Thank you and please rest in peace, miss you buddy. To your wife and daughter, I reach out with my deepest sympathies and pray for your family.
God Bless,
2LT Nelson
6:25 PM, May 23, 2010
Boy oh boy Kyle! I remember those days with your nicely pressed uniform and that silly brown apron fitting you so snug! The laughs we had! Sometimes I wanted to strangle you but you seem to curve it with some crazy face! I loved working with you and I remember the day we wished you well as you took your journey in life. I am so proud of you. I loved you dearly! My memory will stay fresh with all the laughter except now you'll have on your fatigues and that little brown apron! I love you and miss you! See you one day on the other side!
11:29 PM, May 23, 2010
I never had the privilege to serve w/ Cpt Comfort, but friends and family who did report a fine man, an excellent leader, and an outstanding Ranger. His passing is a loss not only to his family, but to the United States Army, the 75th Rangers, and the the United States of America, as well. One of the nation's bravest, who went to work and put boot to ass for his country, and his men. I salute Cpt Comfort. HOOAH!
12:32 AM, May 24, 2010
I just to say that I enjoyed serving with you. We had good times while you where in B.Co sir. You will be greatly missed by us all. I send my love, and greatest grievence to your wife and family.... We all love you and will miss you, but i asure you that you will not be missed.. I salute you sir
6:57 AM, May 24, 2010
My love and prayers are with all of you. May God bless all of you.
6:25 PM, May 24, 2010
Only a few months ago, Kyle contacted me about solving a nagging problem in some military headsets. Offering as well to invest in my tiny little speaker company eventually. To be honest, I took his offer (like every order kyle ever gave me :)) pretty seriously. Even though I had not heard from him in a few years, the fact that he was my peer back in the day and had gone so many places since and had still seen fit to dream a bit through me really served as a turning point in my self confidence as a company. He lives on in the people he birthed, touched, and encouraged. I'll really miss you, man!
7:32 PM, May 24, 2010
You will never be forgotten... You brought a smile to everyone's face. I'll keep your family in my prayers.
10:05 PM, May 24, 2010
Brooke, you are an amazing women, the strength and courage you have shown through this is just amazing. I wish there were words to say to take your pain away. Thank you so much Kyle for fighting for our freedom. You really are a hero! God Bless!
Meg
1:13 PM, May 25, 2010
Hero...what more can one say?
2:31 PM, May 25, 2010
Just wanted to send my prayers to the Comfort family. God Bless..
The Phillips Family
8:21 AM, May 26, 2010
SIR I AM GOING TO MISS YOU , I AM PROUND TO SAY I SERVED WITH YOU OVERSEAS IN IRAQ AN THAT YOU WHERE MY MORTER PLATOON LEADER OF B.CO 2/502 AN YOU WHERE A GREAT LEADER AN MENTOR I KNEW I ALWAYS HAVE YOU LOOKING OVER ME AS MY GUARDIAN I , YOU ARE MOTIVATION EVERYDAY I WAKE UP NOW SIR TO KEEP PUSHING FORWARD AN NEVER QUIET OR GIVE UP NO MATTER WANT THE OBJECTIVE IS.MY HEART IS HURTING AN THE TEARS ARE FALLING BUT I KNEW YOU ARE IN A BETTER PLACE .YOU WILL BE MISSED BY ALL.I AM FINALY WORKING ON MY THIRD SIR AIN'T I AM READY FOR IT CAUSE YOU TAUGHT HOW TO PREPARE MYSELF FOR COMBAT AN THAT WILL STICK WITH ME FOR EVER
4:07 PM, May 26, 2010
As a member of the 502nd Infantry Regiment STRIKE Team I was lucky enough to come across CPT Comfort during his time here. His smile and his cheerful demeanor were unforgettable. He left this world a true hero. My thoughts and prayers are with you Brooke, Kinleigh and the rest of the Comfort family. May God be with you in this difficult time.
9:28 AM, May 27, 2010
I served with Kyle in Bco 2/502 in Iraq and can say that he was one of my major influences to become a Ranger which we both did and are. He was a great man and one hell of a leader. He will be missed but never forgotten. Rangers lead the way!
11:18 PM, May 27, 2010
Didnt know CPT Comfort well. But his humor and obvious leadership abilities definitely made him stand out. He seemed to know how to make light of tough situation. Glad I met him at airborne school. A shining star has burned out here on earth but I'd like to think there is a new one in heaven.
8:23 AM, May 29, 2010
Kyle was always the guy you could count on for a laugh. He made our Ranger School experience a lot more bearable with his quick wit and lively personality. He was a great Ranger and an even better Officer, Soldier and Man. The world is a lesser place without him in it. My prayers go out to his wife, daughter and family. God bless and RIP Ranger.
11:44 AM, May 29, 2010
Hey kyle, ill miss you buddy. You made Ranger School a breeze with a smile brother. God bless you and your family.
12:06 PM, May 29, 2010
Broooke, not sure if you remember meeting me at Ranger School graduation or Fort Campbell, but Kyle and I were buddies at Ranger School.
I really enjoyed the time I spent with Kyle, our conversations, and the experiences we shared. He talked about you alot and it was obvious he loved you deeply.
I'm praying for you, Kinleigh, and your family. God bless you guys.
6:44 PM, May 29, 2010
Served with Kyle as B co 2/502 Mess Sgt at PB Copper. He was always upbeat and helped me keep a positive outlook on life. He never complained and always looked out for his soldiers. He touched everyone that met him. You will be missed Sir.
6:10 PM, May 30, 2010
Although I never got the chance to meet Kyle in person, I met his wonderful wife,Brooke. I feel like I know you through my Daughter and son-in-law's stories. My father served in WWII. Luckily he made it back as I wish all of our good men like Kyle Comfort could have. You will have to keep him alive for his daughter, as I'm sure you will. Love you Kyle and give Allison a kiss for me.
3:27 PM, June 4, 2010
Kyle,
Thank you for being a hero. I remember back in ROTC you were the most gung-ho of us all. You taught me how to run ( which i still hate) but you also taught a different love for the Army. Tears still stream as the thought passes through my mind of losing Courtney in the war, and your wife Brooke was so strong it was mind blowing. Just know that we love you and love your family. You are our hero.
Capt. Courtney and Dana Pullum
8:41 PM, June 10, 2010
I had the great pleasure of knowing kyle in grade school and then in college at JSU. I can honestly say that I dont have a memory of college that doesn't involve kyle in some way. During this time my boyfriend (and now husband) was overseas. Kyle always made me understand why Jake was gone and that everything was going to be ok. I never worried about anything cause kyle and his ROTC buddies looked out for me. I hope he knew how much his friendship meant to me. Te support he and our group of friends offered while Jake was gone was what helped me make it through. Thank you sir, for being an awesome solider, person and friend.
8:28 AM, June 12, 2010
I just want you to know thats its been over a month now and I still think about you often and that you will never be forgotten. It was a blessing to have known such a wonderful man.
8:28 PM, June 20, 2010
I am sending this to my hero, a man who I once knew. Happy Father's Day, Daddy, this is my gift to you. I just decided to write you and tell you how it's been ,to hear the sweet melody of you singing in the wind. Sometimes I see you in the clouds smiling down at me. It brings back all the memories of the way it used to be. I really miss those days, the days when you were here. I send to you this letter, and with it I send a tear. I send one tear for the times we've shared, and the times that passed away...And with it I send my love and a Happy Father's Day!! Love Kinleigh
11:10 PM, June 20, 2010
Happy Dad's Day Kyle (even though it's over by 9 minutes)
11:11 PM, June 20, 2010
Note to self: fix the time tag for the commenting system.
7:24 AM, June 24, 2010
What’s up Kyle, Brooke and Kenleigh are coming over this weekend. It’s going to be great to see them, but it would be awesome if you were coming along as well. We miss you man, your jokes, quick wit and as Jayme and I always referred to you as……”The Human Cartoon”. You would be proud of just how much support was shown for you and what you have done for our country! It was amazing, probably will never see such a spectacle again. I know you’re holding it down for us up there!! Hope to see you again someday, love you bro!
9:43 PM, June 29, 2010
Missing you terribly!
7:20 PM, June 30, 2010
I did not know you but I seen you honored on Nancy Grace tonight. I Googled your name and seen all the wonderful pictures of you and your family on this site. It brings tears to my eyes that you are not here to help raise that beautiful baby you have. I am so sorry that this happened. Rest in peace. Thank you for the service you gave to our country.
3:18 PM, July 26, 2010
I graduated from Riverside with Kyle in 2001. Although we didn't talk a lot we were friends on myspace and exchanged comments every couple months. This is very hard for me, because I just found out yesterday of his passing as I am overseas now. My condolences go out to his friends and family. Cpt Comfort, wherever you are, I salute you.
4:31 PM, August 9, 2010
Hey Kyle. Yesterday was 3 months since you've passed. I still don't understand why and I probably never will. I saw your girls in Panama City not too long ago and Kinleigh is starting to look more like you. Her smile is your twin. My heart breaks every single day for Brooke, Kinleigh, your, and our families. Even though we weren't blood, you became my cousin the moment Brooke introduced you to us. I wish you were still with us and I know you're watching over us all. I'll never forget you. I love you, Captain Kyle Aaron Comfort. Rest in peace, solider and cousin.
9:56 PM, August 27, 2010
Brother I am so lucky to have known you, and really appreciated it when you were there for me in 2005 when I was struggling. You set the standard for how a soldier should conduct oneself you brought honor to your family, and country. You will never be forgotten brother thank you ....until we meet again
8:13 PM, September 10, 2010
2 days ago marked 4mo since you left us and went on to be with the Lord. Tomorrow, our daughter will turn 10mo old. It also marks the day, 9yrs ago, that forever changed our lives! I miss you today, more than ever and tomorrow, I will miss you more than that! I love you!! Until we meet again;)
2:04 AM, September 11, 2010
Kyle, I miss you brother....Its just not the same on earth without you...You are my best friend my homie and will always be in my heart....To his wife and family, I send my deepest condolenses....Kyle, watch over me as I make my way through life and one day, I will see you again...ROLL TIDE!!!!!!
5:04 PM, September 20, 2010
Sir, it was a pleasure to have met and known you. You always kept it light, and undersood our Marine mentality. You made the jumps fun. You are a true professional, and I am sure the Rangers are better for having you in their ranks. Semper Fidelis and God bless you.
5:14 PM, September 26, 2010
Although I never got the chance to meet Kyle, my cousin is Chris Lucas. The way that he and Melissa talk about the Comfort family, I feel as though they are my friends too. I have been impacted so much by Kyle's story and I really think of Brooke often. I watched all the footage surrounding his passing and cried like I had known you forever. Anyone that my Melissa loves so much also has a place in my heart. Please know that you are not alone in all of this. Your friend from WV,
Shelby (Lucas) Ferguson
7:01 PM, September 26, 2010
I met your beautiful wife last night-Brooke, she's beautiful and strong,she is carrying your legacy on beautifully-I believe you are very proud of her-my family and I think and pray for you, Brooke, and your baby girl often. You are a true American hero! God Bless You Kyle!
8:54 PM, October 13, 2010
i stopped by your facebook just to say hi and read some of the comments. then i came here just to see some more. two things are for sure: you are loved by all, and you are one of the best people i know! thank you for giving me the chance to know you!
8:22 AM, October 18, 2010
I'm here to pay my respects to a great person. In my first year at RMA, you were a great help to me and a fast friend in what I felt was a traumatizing environment. I will never forget how cool you were to me. Although it's been years since I've seen you, I know you developed into an honorable man and I know how much you must be missed right now. RIP Comfort
6:54 PM, November 10, 2010
he is more than a hero, he is a honorable man. with love, an a lovely heart. he deserves the respect that no one got, and the love. he will be missed. i love you kyle. RIP Captain Comfort
6:14 AM, December 16, 2010
I never knew Kyle but from everything I have heard of him ...He is the defination of a hero. I pray that God watches over his wife Brooke and Daughter Kinliegh as they contiune to live their lives... That he blesses them with Love, Laughter and Joy. R.I.P. Capt Kyle Comfort and know everyone is watching over your family... God Bless the Comfort Family.
3:50 PM, May 5, 2011
Kyle,

It has been almost a year and we finally got Bin Laden. Thanks for everything you did and you are missed more then you know. Thank you for always being such a great friend and God Bless Your Family!
11:40 AM, May 8, 2011
Miss ya, bro.
8:27 PM, May 21, 2011
I knew captain comfort from Riverside Military company. I received a heartfelt message where after Riverside we took different routes in life. Knowing how good and persistent he is, he found me thanks to Facebook and sent me one of the most amazing first in 6 year messages you can ever receive. That was a while back, the significance of this is, the fact that in the letter he mentioned how my father being persistent with me and my family coming to see me from another continent and living by myself here influenced him in a lot of ways to succeed and move forward in life. I was away for a while and disconnected from Facebook. I would like to extend my condolences to Kyles wife and all of his family. He is one of the most amazing human beings I have had the honor to be mentored by and alongside. I will have him in my prayers. He taught me more than I could have imagined as far as being taught. Captain beauchamp would say " your far from home sonny", and Kyle with that hearty laugh would say, uyour going to be ok Bashir. I would like to take a second and say it was an honor to have known this man.
8:34 PM, May 21, 2011
Aim disappointed at the way I found out, I will miss him, he is an example of how the world can be in a better place and fought for something very noble, miss you big time brother from another mother.
9:03 PM, February 22, 2012
I wish I could express my thanks as a very greatful American to Kyle I can only say it here Thank You I came upon this site I did not know you I hope to let your loved ones know that i am in awe of Kyle it is men like him that i have such respect for people who really do the right thing all the time it is these people who keep us safe on so many levels please know that people care.here on long island we do my son cares we wish to say thank you
10:32 PM, May 7, 2012
I didn't know Kyle personally, but my heart reaches out to his wife, precious daughter, family and friends. Thank you for your service and thank you for keeping us safe out here. Now you serve as a guardian angel up in heaven over your loved ones down here.

Rangers Lead the Way

Rest In Peace
10:46 PM, May 7, 2012
There was a silence all around the throne Where the saints had often trod

As the soldier waited quietly, For the judgment of his God,

"Step forward now, you soldier, You've borne your burdens well,

Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets, You've done your time in Hell."
6:52 AM, September 27, 2012
Kyle,

I miss you man. Thanks for everything you did for me in our time together at JSU, and thank you for being a great fiend. I have finally decided to go to OCS soon and every single time I think about it, it makes me sick that I got out of ROTC with you. I would already be a captain, and surely we would of stayed much closer. Well, I want you to know that I am dedicating a portion of my service in the Army to you and your family, and will continue to think about you and Brooke often. You and your family have been in my prayers since you departure from this world, and will stay there until I too and gone.

P.S. - I will never forget the time I told your mom she looked like the woman from Driving Mrs. Daisy... lol the look on her face was priceless.

Regards..
6:59 PM, October 3, 2012
Hey Cousin - miss you. I think of you often. Even have your commorative dog tags hanging in my car - so your with me where ever I go! I'm sure your rolling your eyes at that, but deal with it! Your a motivation to a lot of people...my kids get to hear all about their Cousin Kyle who gave all! Love you....
7:21 AM, November 29, 2012
Kyle was the cadet I shadowed for a day my first year at Riverside. He impressed me then and I still remember him. It is so sad to see such a wonderful young life cut so short. Just know he is not forgotten.
a former teacher at RMA
10:06 PM, May 7, 2013
Was an honor and privelage to serve with Kyle in 3rd Ranger. It's 8 May here in Afghanistan and we are definitely remembering his sacrafice.
2:27 PM, November 21, 2013
Kyle was my lt when I was in military school. I found him on myspace years ago, and then lost touch with him. I just learnt of his passing, and I still don't believe it. I know he passed doing what he loved, and I am honored to say I knew him. He was one of the best people you could've ever met.
Haque